I’m Choosing Happiness

Today in Mr. Rease’s class we read the poem “Still I Rise” by Maya Angelou. As we were analyzing Mr. Rease stated “happiness is a decision” ,and I absolutely agreed.. Immediately I reflected on everything I had been through, and I came to the conclusion that I allowed myself to waddle in my sadness for too long. I allowed myself to be unhappy and unaccepting of what life have dealt me. For example, I permitted myself to be unaccepting of my father’s death for 17 years. I never truly coped with the pain because I always felt it wasn’t real. I brought on the distance between my family and I because I was always angry. I felt life was unfair. However now I’m making the executive decision to be happy and not just temporarily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The unknown

Ambassador Event

Kahoot