The Real Reflection

Today I started rereading The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini. As I was reading I came to the realization that I’m much more knowledge than I was the first time I read the novel, two years ago. For example, I never knew the importance of support, especially parental support until I lacked it. In chapter three of the novel Amir’s father, Baba, wants him to follow in his footsteps instead of going after his own interests. He taunts Amir and calls him weak because of his crying and wanting to be different. This reveals that he isn’t open minded, and his belief of manhood is different. I never would have thought like this. The very first time I read I wasn’t reading for comprehension; I was reading because I was required. I never thought about what the author was trying to portray. I was ignorant to it all. Blind, naive, and unaware I was all of it. I didn’t even consider the simplest thing of them all, character analysis. Also, I was oblivious to Baba and my family’s  compatibility . Wow, I am so glad that I am much more meticulous, and I am proud to say Mr. Rease is my teacher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The unknown

Ambassador Event

Kahoot