Only Have one Life

Today was a continuation of the poem presentations. Everyone did well, and today I discovered my favorite Maya Angelou poem. “ On Aging” is the name of it. It is about a woman who’s continuously  getting older but doesn’t want to be pitied because of such. She’s aware that by day, year, and hour she’s evolving and aging physically. However, she doesn’t want to be treated as if her life is over. She emphasizes that despite her physical decline, she’s the same woman she was years ago. I want to be like this when I’m older. I don’t want to depend on people for things that I am capable of, and this is not saying I’m opposing help. In simple terms, I just want to live my life to its fullest extent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The unknown

Ambassador Event

Kahoot