Vocabulary Paragraph

Blunders- A stupid or careless mistake
Zany- A musingly unconventional and idiosyncratic
Incongruous- not in harmony or keeping with surroundings or other aspects of something
Ridicule- The subject of someone or something too contemptuous and dismissive language or behavior
Mortification - great embarrassment and shame
Gratuitously- uncalled for; lacking good reason; unwarranted
Septuagenarian- A person who is 70-79 years old
Frolicking- play and move about cheerfully, excitedly, or energetically
Jeering- make rude and mocking remarks, typically in aloud voice
Hideously- in extreme ugly manner
Exasperating- intensely irritated and frustrated
Ingratiating- bring oneself into favor with someone by flattering or trying to please them

    At school I often become exasperated and angry with myself. This occurs because of numerous reasons. One reason is when I do not speak up in class because I am afraid of being ridiculed. For example, when I say the wrong answers, in class, I feel a sense of mortification and loose my self confidence. I make many blunders in chorus class. It happens when I am incongruous with my fellow peers while singing. I receive gratuitous feedback. The jeering appears. I hideously critique myself about my work at school. I try to ingratiate every one except myself to prevent being viewed as a zany character.  By doing this, I stop my happiness and frolicking. Sometimes I wish I could be wise like the septuagenarians and please myself. In addition to self happiness, I want contentment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The unknown

Ambassador Event

Kahoot